The majority of people spend their holidays at the beach for three to seven days. Sometimes they go for a weekend trip or are fortunate enough to get a house for a full week. The only downside with your upcoming beach party in Sentosa is the time spent for packing.
Little did you know that there is a way to get all of your packing done an entire day before you leave. Most girls tend to overpack, and you are probably guilty of doing this. The secret is to pack multi-purposeful pieces and to prepare your wardrobe weeks before.
Wear cover-ups, bathing suits, dresses, skirts, jeans and white tees. Carefully inspect your outfits, change what you do not like and ensure that you bring your white tee no matter what. It is a basic piece that will go well with anything.
What to bring
If you have to buy something for your trip, get this over with as soon as you can. Besides your go-to outfits, here are some travel necessities to take with you:
- Buy, borrow or download a good beach book
- Necessary medicines
- Skincare or cosmetics
- Travel size toiletries
- Feminine hygiene needs
- Stain remover wipes
- Consider buying magazines and sunscreen on the beach
What to do
A couple of days before your trip, finalise your wardrobe for the entire trip. Here are a few reminders:
- Bring less than three pairs of shoes because they assume a lot of space in your suitcase and are quite heavy.
- Your outfit choices should be made up of mostly neutrals. You can always add colour using your pashmina or jewellery.
- Pack versatile items that have different functions, like a tunic as a cover-up during the day and as a going-out top at night.
- Do not consider bringing high-maintenance ensembles, such as silk tops that require you to iron it.
The packing process does not have to feel stressful as long as you know what to pack and you do not leave everything last minute. By planning, you will get more excited to don your favourite outfits once you get there.